Need a plugin that lets your users download files from your site? Managing downloadable files is easy with Simple Download Monitor.
Regardless of your level of technical expertise, you will find it easy to install and configure. And, there are a lot of configuration options as well.
Download “Simple Download Monitor” from WP plugin repository:
Below is a video tutorial that will show you how to set up your first download within minutes:
Simple Download Monitor Features
When users download your files, the plugin records their IP addresses. It can also log the date and time of the download. There is a feature in the plugin that allows you to sort downloads by category.
The download counter can be displayed alongside the download button without any hassle.
In addition, this is one of the few free download manager plugins that can handle remote URLs.
The Simple Download Monitor allows you to create download buttons that are password protected. The correct password must be entered in order to download a password-protected download file.
You can also restrict the download option to logged-in users only with the plugin.
The ability to display an image or just a button as a download icon is a great feature. reCatchpa support is also nice.
Adding the option to allow site visitors to upload files would enhance the plugin feature list even further.
- Monitor downloads from unique IPs only
- Export download logs to CSV
- Supports drag and drop upload
- Copy existing items with just a click
- Easy to use interface
- Supports nice looking grid display of download files
- Individual download counter for each item
- Disable download monitoring for specific items
- Ad code (e.g., AdSense) can be added inside the download item display
- Exclude bot download count
- Assign categories and tags to downloadable files
- Provides multiple download button templates
- Track downloads by WP usernames
- Option to upload thumbnail images for downloads
- Allows searching and sorting downloadable files in a n easy way
- Also allows visitors to search download files. Includes a separate search template for downloads
- Track the number of downloads for each of your files.
- Ability to track number of downloads/user and also visitors country
- Add download buttons to your sidebar widgets via shortcodes. You can also customize the “Download Now” button text
- Option to open downloads in new browser window or new tab
- Display file size information and version number
- Setup secure downloads so that the URL of the downloadable file remains hidden during download
- Allows to add terms and conditions to download buttons (optional)
- Tinymce button in the WordPress post/page editor
- Rich text editor for editing item description
Simple Download Monitor Shortcodes
The plugin provides a quite a few shortcode options. These include:
- Shortcode for embedding individual download file
- Shortcode to display download counter/information
- Display all the downloads from a particular category via shortcode
- Allows to display file tree browser for downloadable items via shortcode
- Provides shortcodes to display download button on post/page
- Allows to create third party download link (via hotlinking shortcode)
- Show latest downloads via shortcode
I would like to thank the Tips and Tricks HQ team for making this plugin freely available. The support they provide is excellent. Whenever you send them an email, you can expect a quick response.
Overall, it’s a plugin that peers recommend. As soon as you install the plugin on your site, you’ll find yourself using it more and more!